Talk

Advanced search

Advantage for cats (flea treatment)

(10 Posts)
brightwell Fri 05-Sep-08 14:55:36

Does anyone know of an online supplier who will sell without a vet's prescription?

WigWamBam Fri 05-Sep-08 14:57:06

PetMeds.co.uk

They are very reliable and very quick.

expatinscotland Fri 05-Sep-08 14:57:08

i had to get a vet prescription for Frontline to buy it online, so i imagine it's the same for Advantage.

MUCH cheaper online.

WigWamBam Fri 05-Sep-08 14:59:17

I've never needed a prescription to by Frontline from PetMeds ...

WigWamBam Fri 05-Sep-08 14:59:35

Or even buy.

Tsk.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 05-Sep-08 15:01:41

Our nearest big pet superstore (was called Wilsons but now its something like Pets at Home??) will sell Frontline without a prescription but not sure about any others like Advantage.

Its only certain members of staff that can sell it though and you need to know the weight of your pet

expatinscotland Fri 05-Sep-08 15:04:10

i haven't needed it to buy the Frontline in a shop, but i'm looking here on PetMeds and it says Prescription Required for the Frontline Combo Spot-On for cats, which is we use on Pepsi.

WigWamBam Fri 05-Sep-08 15:05:14

Maybe it's changed in the past three months. I've never had to send them a prescription before, though.

brightwell Fri 05-Sep-08 15:25:04

Thanks, I was hoping I could avoid the vets fee. I feel they've got me over a barrel, they will only supply 4 months supply of Advantage at a time & the vet must have seen the cat within the past 6 months.

ClairePO Fri 05-Sep-08 16:03:35

There are two different types of Frontline, the older version you can buy online without a prescription.

Frontline combo is the newer one only available from a vet or with a prescription. It supresses the fleas from reproducing as well as killing them when they bite.

TBH if your cat doesn't have a flea allergy I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get away with using the original frontline and buying online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now