Talk

Advanced search

cat can't put her back leg down/paw on floor.

(9 Posts)
piratecat Thu 04-Sep-08 19:32:58

She came in yesterday, very pissed off, and growled at me and disappeared, under the bed.

Last night i saw she was limping, and she went out and satyed out all night, which is her usual routine, but I felt bad becuase i prob should have kept her in. She returned this morning and still can't put her foot down. Has eaten,and is now asleep on bed.

I guess it's the vets tomorrow, i wish i had taken out insurance before now, how stupid. The last ime this happened with her, she was fine within about 36 rhs, thats why i waited this time.

piratecat Fri 05-Sep-08 08:43:49

have seen her paw today, looks like a puncture owund, and her foot is swollen. i am relieved it's that and hoepfully not a bone thing.

piratecat Fri 05-Sep-08 13:23:22

miaow sad

piratecat Fri 05-Sep-08 13:23:56

i think it could be an abscess, her foot has swollen up.

piratecat Fri 05-Sep-08 13:35:29

any exp ??? anyone?

caspercat Fri 05-Sep-08 14:23:15

You really should get her to a vet. Sounds most likely to be an abscess due to swelling, but even these can be incredibly painful, & will most prob need a squeeze & some antibiotics. Cheaper than a fracture, i guess xx

piratecat Fri 05-Sep-08 19:54:51

phew, no abscess yet, apparantly prob cuaght it just in time.
one shot

6 tablets

1 consulatation of about 3 minutes

=£30

i'm gonna have to send my new boots back now sad

thinking of getting pet insurance now, as had it bee a fracture/broken bones it would have been worse.!!

caspercat Fri 05-Sep-08 20:18:22

Glad it wasn't anything more serious grin.
FWIW £30 is quite good. For a lot of vets that could've just been the consult fee. You really should get insurance if you can - it's not just fractures you have to think about, there are hundreds of things that can happen, esp if your cat goes outside. I've seen so many pets put to sleep because the owners couldn't afford treatment & a hell of a lot of the owners say they wish they'd got pet insurance.

Nothing's cheap anymore, & having a pet is a luxury, not a right grin

piratecat Fri 05-Sep-08 20:29:12

yes you're right, cats esp, they sit around, do as they please, but it's really a shock when you have to go and sort them out at the vets.

I'vehad lots of animals before, the 2 cats i had have been runover, so that's my exp of owning a cat (as an adult iyswim)

i must look into insurance,

cat is under my bed having a snooze!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now