Talk

Advanced search

Ok, so I love having a kitten, but....

(5 Posts)
BlueberryBeret Thu 28-Aug-08 22:51:38

How do I stop her from chewing my mouse cable/phone charger/laptop charger etc...

It was fine when she just batted them, but she is going for full on chewing through wires now shock

Jux Thu 28-Aug-08 23:25:28

Ours has just started doing this too - it must be an age thing. We tap her on the nose, say no firmly, and remove her. It's worked with all our other cats, and the kitten's learning.

They're so horribly cute aren't they?

BlueberryBeret Thu 28-Aug-08 23:26:59

will try that grin

I had cats growing up, but they were always older kittens or full grown cats iyswim. She is 10 weeks old, growing up fast, but still sooooooo cute - keeps falling off things grin

Jux Fri 29-Aug-08 20:21:39

Misjudging leaps!

Ours has just spent the afternoon going mad in the garden (we haven't had her inoculated yet so she doesn't get out much). She has been killing flowers. She kills my shoes. Toes are toys! Plastic bags are fantastic and newspapers make great skateboards!

BlueberryBeret Fri 29-Aug-08 20:50:19

I haven't been brave enough to let her in the garden at all yet - terrified she will leg it and never return (even with me there)

Her fave toy is a shower curtain - it was a really cheap thin one we used as a ground sheet for a picnic and she has claimed it. Spends most of her time leaping on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now