Talk

Advanced search

my cat has finally decided to show his face he is now grounded for the foreseeable future!!!

(11 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 25-Aug-08 22:36:49

am over the moon my cat has come back!! he has been gone over two months. he kept getting spotted in the area but there is another ginger cat that lives v close to here and i always thought it was that cat that people were seeing not mine. dh gets confused and kept pointing out the neighbours cat to me tryting to convince mme it was my cat so everytime he told me that he had seen him i didnt believe him.

i spotted him a few days ago at the same adress as the other cat and knew that it was my cat but he wouldnt come home.

he has just turned up tonight and is now locked in and will not be allowed back out!! ever!! grin grin grin

i want to phone my mum and tell her but i cant as her beloved cat is still missing sad sad and i dont want to upset her so im telling you all instead

oh and some one has been feeding him so if you live near me and have inherited a stray ginger tom that has now gone missing he has come home to me. please stop feeding him if he comes back as i miss him when he is not here.

3andnomore Mon 25-Aug-08 22:40:28

Awww, lucky you Glad your cat returned to you!

Our cat has done a runner in April or so....so, been gone a long time, and we have given up hope now....but there is a little something in me that still hopes
We are going to get a little black and white girl soon, she is still to young at the moment...but she is supercute...maybe she will attract him back, eh...

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 25-Aug-08 22:45:29

is it a tom? and unneutered? my other cat was once gone for ages. i went on holiday tiwce and he still didnt come back!! i had a call off a lovely lady about three months after he went to say that he had been hanging around her female and asked if he was neutered as she wanted her cat to have kittens. she had gotten my number off his collar. he came back once the job was done wink

so there is still hope.

3andnomore Mon 25-Aug-08 22:53:15

yes, he is not neutered yet....well, I think he did a runner at the time as I was just going to make an appointment at teh Vet for him...think he knew....

Sadly he didn't wear a collar, as he always lost it and had just lost the last one I had put on him, so, collarless at the time....and he wasn't microchipped yet, because that was meant to have been done at the time when he was getting neutered....
There are quite a few pure black cats around, and every now and then I think I might have spotted him, but he doesn't let me get close enough to be sure....sigh....

I hope with chosing a black and white one it will be easier to distinguish. The marking etc....

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 25-Aug-08 23:03:13

he will probably come back when mating season is over which is at the end of summer.

if he is the dominant male in your area he will be repopulating your area with lots of little black kittens smile

3andnomore Mon 25-Aug-08 23:19:08

lol...
well, I then just have too make sure to get him done straightaway, and obviously have to get the Kitten done, too, when she is older...not that she starts running off

emma1977 Sat 30-Aug-08 22:35:02

Awwww, what a nice ending.

I'm hoping that our Cleo will still turn up, despite it being 7 weeks since she vanished from our back garden one evening. I'm hoping that she's gone looking for a Mr Cat to have some fun with and that she'll come home to us once the deed is done.

Your story helps to give me hope.

ClairePO Sun 31-Aug-08 23:09:16

So glad your cat came back. I wouldn't let the bugger back out again either though LOL. Hop your mum gets her cat back soon too.

I know someone who got her cat back after 18 months, so those with cats still missing have hope. She just spotted him as she was driving along one day.

differentID Sun 31-Aug-08 23:12:45

My old boy came back after 6 years.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 31-Aug-08 23:17:09

yes well he is meant to be grounded and keeps managing to gte back out! he is here atm though sat on top of the unit knowcking various things off onto dh's head grin

my mums cat came back a couple of days ago. so all is good now with the felines in our family wink

ClairePO Sun 31-Aug-08 23:19:28

Great news about your mums cat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now