Talk

Advanced search

Goodbye Sandy :(

(9 Posts)
BabiesEverywhere Thu 21-Aug-08 09:48:47

My DH has taken our ginger cat, Sandy to the vets to be put to sleep We are having a terrible time with our beloved cats recently...we lost George our oldest cat last month.

Sandy went missing months ago and despite searching for him and registering him with all the local animal shelters, we couldn't find him.

Out of the blue we got a call from the local RSCPA, saying they had found our cat, that he was sick and could we pick him up from them and pay a relative large bill (would of been 3 times the cost at a private vets, so thank goodness for that) for the treatment he had received.

Sadly we learnt that he had a cancerous tumour which couldn't be treated, he needed tablets for the rest of his life to stop his lungs filling up with fluid.

He was been home with us a few weeks but sadly his breathing got worse and yesterday he stopped eating and we knew it was time to take him to put him out of his pain.

Poor Sandy, my lap cat...I'll miss you a lot

hughjarssss Thu 21-Aug-08 09:51:11

sad

gemmiegoatlegs Thu 21-Aug-08 09:52:13

sorry to hear this BE

cmotdibbler Thu 21-Aug-08 09:58:03

Really sorry to hear about Sandy.

I had to have my much beloved cat put down last month due to cancer and it was heartbreaking.

Bronze Thu 21-Aug-08 09:59:07

I'm sorry. RIP Sandy

kormachameleon Thu 21-Aug-08 10:02:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

claricebeansmum Thu 21-Aug-08 10:03:35

sad

girlywhirly Thu 21-Aug-08 13:42:53

So sorry about Sandy, and for you.

TigerFeet Thu 21-Aug-08 13:48:16

Oh God I am welling up

Sandy was fab - a real pussycat tart.

I am pleased you got him back for a little while though, and I'm glad I got to give him a scratch behind the ears last week.

I'm so sorry BE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now