Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Found just the cat we're looking for in the local free ads :)

(9 Posts)
Levanna Wed 16-Feb-05 01:36:59

I've read some people are having difficulty finding cats or kittens. There are always a lot of cats and kittens in our local free ads paper. I found one that sounds perfect (in fact, going to pick her up in a couple of days) her parents are emigrating. (Did I just say parents! ) The current owners have even agreed to pay for her upcoming set of jabs to ensure she comes to us, rather than goes to a shelter. So, if you're looking for a cat/kitten, it could be worth a go. These cats would probably only end up going to a shelter otherwise .

oxocube Wed 16-Feb-05 07:35:09

Levanna. How lovely!

expatinscotland Wed 16-Feb-05 08:00:57

From one cat lover to another, congratulations on your new addition

BubblesDeVere Wed 16-Feb-05 08:41:04

Brilliant Levanna, so pleased for you. I got a kitten about 12 months ago, the few weeks before there were adverts galore advertising them, and when I decided I wanted one couldn't find one anywhere. I finally found an advert and was shocked to walk into the house to find that she had over 20 cats, the house didn't smell, but they were walking over the cooker and dining table etc.

Anyway the upshot is, I got a fantastic tom cat, he is jet black and cries like a baby for his morning cuddle and gives me a kiss everymorning, I decided to insure him after the other cat nearly lost her eye and cost us a fortune and was surprised to get cover for only 4.00 a month.

Levanna Wed 16-Feb-05 23:49:31

can't wait!
Bubbles, may I ask where you got your cat insurance? That sounds really reasonable and I'm adamant we'll have her insured (couldn't cope with having her PTS if something happened, just because we couldn't afford to help her ).

Snugs Wed 16-Feb-05 23:53:05

Heehee - I knew you would get one! Piccies as soon as possible please, can't let all our wkd software downloads to go to waste

Caligula Wed 16-Feb-05 23:56:20

Congratulations. Now you can look forward to offerings of dead (or even worse, half-alive) birds, rats, mice and other assorted rodents. If you're very lucky and remember to fit a cat flap, they'll come into the house!

Had a dead blackbird in my garden today, so not fond of cats at present!

BubblesDeVere Thu 17-Feb-05 14:13:04

Levanna, I got mine insured throught Sainsbury's online, Tesco is the next cheapest. The will only start the insurance though on the day they have their first jabs.

nutcracker Thu 17-Feb-05 14:23:48

Oooh thats lovely. We have been having trouble finding one. There were a few in the paper the other day but we are gonna wait until we come back from holiday now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now