Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend a good cat rehoming centre in Surrey/SW London?

(13 Posts)
kizzie Tue 15-Feb-05 10:53:40

We are hoping to get a kitten this year. just wondered if anyone knows of good local charity centre.
Can't wait - we always had cats when I was young!
Kizziex

boudicca Tue 15-Feb-05 10:56:22

If you don't have any luck at re-homing centre, I know of a stables that has lots ! It's in Petts Wood .

Pamina3 Tue 15-Feb-05 11:15:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ameriscot2005 Tue 15-Feb-05 11:21:54

Battersea Dogs' Home in Old Windsor?

kizzie Tue 15-Feb-05 11:47:39

Ooh hadnt even thought of Battersea Dogs Home - thanks for suggestion.

Boudicca - thanks for that. Petts wood quite a distance from us but if have no luck locally will def come back to you.
Kizziex

batters Tue 15-Feb-05 12:20:36

Cats Protection League as well?

We went to Battersea Dogs Home to try and find a cat a few years ago. Ended up going home empty handed but it was a surreal experience. You get interviewed to find out if you are "suitable" to own a cat. All very friendly but it is definitely an interview!

kizzie Tue 15-Feb-05 12:29:42

Maybe I should pretend Im childless. My two DS are lovely but might appear slightly on the 'over enthusiastic' side.
Kizziex

batters Tue 15-Feb-05 12:33:56

kizzie, both the Cat Protection League and Battersea Cats Home were fine about us having a toddler. There were certain "nervous" cats they would not allow us to have but other than that they were okay. I am not sure if it helped that we had had a cat before so I could say that dd was used to animals and respected them etc etc.

I have been told that most of the time the Cats Protection League people do a home visit to ensure that your house is appropriate for an animal. And I also seem to recall they say no to anyone living in a flat, whatever their circumstances but this could have changed.

HTH.

kizzie Tue 15-Feb-05 13:07:34

Thats really useful - thanks Batters.
Kizziex

Pamina3 Tue 15-Feb-05 13:23:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kizzie Tue 15-Feb-05 13:30:09

Cats Protection was who I was looking for because thats who my sister got her cat through in other part of country - but doesnt seem to be one anywhere near us. Going to have a potter round websites this afternoon and see if I can arrange to go and see someone.

Kizziex

fee77 Tue 15-Feb-05 13:36:57

Here is a link to cats protection website, and then you can look for branches in your area.
cats

kizzie Tue 15-Feb-05 13:50:51

Thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now