(7 Posts)
KnickersOnMaHead Wed 06-Aug-08 15:10:42

Message withdrawn

bella29 Wed 06-Aug-08 15:15:18

Call the RSPCA!

Alambil Wed 06-Aug-08 15:33:16

That's SO out of order

LuckySalem Wed 06-Aug-08 15:46:14

I wish something could be done but unfortunatly as long as the puppy has shelther, water and food there is nothing the RSPCA can do.

It might be worth calling them anyway as the fact he's in a crate maybe enough for them to be able to warn them?

youcannotbeserious Wed 06-Aug-08 19:15:06

Hmm... can you talk to them and find out where they got the dog from?

If it's from a reputable breeder (will be between 7-9 weeks old), then the breeder will have something to say.

If it's from a rescue centre I promise the rescue centre will have something to say.

Your concern is right... If you can't fine out where the dog is from, then report it to the dog warden. They can take action.

A puppy (like a baby) ought not to be left alone....

You are doing the right thing by questioning this.

tink123 Wed 06-Aug-08 19:51:08

i don't agree with this. we never leave our puppy more than 3 hrs in his crate. However i do have loads of friends who have dogs who are left all day by themselves while they work full time, and have been since they were puppies.

I think it is quite common

newpup Wed 06-Aug-08 20:42:16

I agree with all of the above. How unkind to get a puppy when you have not the time to devote to it! angry I do have friends who work and leave dogs at home but these are adult dogs and not left in cages but given plenty of space to wonder around. Do they pop home during the day to let it out and give it attention? My brother was working when he got his puppy but he works 5 mins from home and came home 3 times in the day to be with the puppy. Can you find out more , maybe they have someone who goes in for them. However, if you think the puppy is being really neglected you should contact the RSPCA at the very least they will give them advice about how the puupy should be looked after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now