Talk

Advanced search

i am sick of treading in dog poo

(15 Posts)
southeastastra Tue 05-Aug-08 08:33:32

please clean it up! lots don't seem to now angry

MarkStretch Tue 05-Aug-08 08:35:36

Ergh dd had shit on her shoe yesterday. I was retching trying to clean it up. AND she must have got it from the adventure playground where dogs shouldn't even be!

tink123 Tue 05-Aug-08 13:20:42

what makes me most angry is when dog poos right next to dog bin but ppl don't pick it up.

southeastastra Wed 06-Aug-08 18:43:20

today i encountered more poo again.

people can't be arsed to clean it up anymore

expatinscotland Wed 06-Aug-08 18:45:47

Until the councils bring back plenty of wardens and environmental health officers who start to put the smack down on these lazy, slovenly feckers, it'll continue to happen.

I'd vote for any mayor who promises £100 on the spot fines for people who don't pick up after their damn dog and had the balls to actually do it.

southeastastra Thu 07-Aug-08 18:01:59

yep agree expat

more today - i'm boring myself now with my poo reporting

Bronze Thu 07-Aug-08 18:04:06

I'm finding it on our walk to school more and more. Its not difficult to pick it up. I use that path to walk my dog and strangely enough I manage. Annoys me especially as it is a route used by a lot of children.

newpup Thu 07-Aug-08 18:56:59

Horrible, horrible, horrible!! I hate to say it but the worst offenders around here are the old people. I know by sight, at least 4 elderly dog walkers who refuse to pick up the dog poop!

2sugars Fri 08-Aug-08 07:28:07

This happened when my dds were at nursery, and it was truly horrible. I 'phoned up the council, and they put up more signs warning people of the fines. Another one I saw, 7 years down the line, but funnily enough in the same vicinity, was a homemade one, basically shaming whoever allowed their dog to crap there not to pick it up.

Piglet111 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:01:31

If I see a dog fowling and the owner not picking it up I tell them they shouldn't be allowed a dog if they're not prepared to pick up after it angry It makes all dog owners look bad, we pick up after our dog and can be left walking for 30 minutes or so with the dog poo in a bag as there's not many bins but I could never leave it.

wigparty Fri 08-Aug-08 16:11:41

There's no excuse for not picking it up now. In dog-friendly areas, 99% of the time there are bins provided. If not, pick it up and keep walking til you find one.

Our dog was very sick for a year and his poo was ... erm ... very very runny and un-pick-up-able. I used to deal with it as best as I could and then pick up some other poo that another idiot dog owner had left as a compensation measure grin

hatwoman Fri 08-Aug-08 16:14:37

as a new dog owner I am so embarrassed by this I have seriously contemplated picking up other dogs' poo.

hatwoman Fri 08-Aug-08 16:18:18

I did recently confront a somewhat sheepish looking 14 year old lad who was standing around with a dog near a pile of poo. I said, in a suitably cross middle aged way "is that (pointing) your dog's?" . Poor lad was mortified he said "the dog's not mine, it's my mate's and he;s just gone to get something to clear it up". The way he answered and the fact that he was, literally, standing there next to the poo, made me believe him. poor lad.

sarah293 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:23:45

Message withdrawn

newpup Fri 08-Aug-08 16:55:50

Oh riven, as a new pup owner makes me feel ashamed. It is so dirty and thoughtless. I confronted an old lady near our house who had let her dog poo and just carried on walking. She told me to mind my own business and pick it up myself if I was worried shock. As I said above, around here it is 99% old folks who will not clear up after their dogs. I think perhaps they have never got into the habit of doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now