Talk

Advanced search

fab new guinea pig cage!

(4 Posts)
wohmum Mon 04-Aug-08 23:22:08

we made a briliant new indoor run for our guineas this weekend - we've got 4 and now they are about 4 mnths old the original indoor (large) cage we got is definitely too small so I took the advice on www.cavycages.com and built our own. out of wire grids and cardboard (temporary base). I got the grids from B&Q in their storage section after searching the web and not finding any anywhere.

total cost £24 for a 5 x 2 (grids cage) - its a bargain and our guineas love it. I won't feel guilty now if I don't put them in the outside run for the day .

ChasingSquirrels Mon 04-Aug-08 23:24:06

looks good, have you got a link for the grids at B&Q?

wohmum Tue 05-Aug-08 00:21:12

I couldn't find them online anywhere at the weekend but have just tried now - lo and behold there they are! www.diy.com, search for cube mesh storage system. £22.98 for a pack and dead easy to use

ChasingSquirrels Tue 05-Aug-08 18:05:54

thanks, I was thinking for my chicken enclosure, but they look too small. Thanks for posting it though, and hope your guineas are enjoying their run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now