Talk

Advanced search

mn good luck vibes please for dd's beloved little mate

(8 Posts)
pellmell Sat 26-Jul-08 08:34:46

dh has had to hurry off to the emergency vet with dd's 11 month old terrier.
She isn't looking great sad

dd isn't awake yet so doesn't know.
She still cries for her other puppy who died shortly after getting it (which is why we replaced it with our current dog)

ooh dd is waking up now

mckenzie Sat 26-Jul-08 08:39:09

sending you payers and good wishes from the Mckenzie clan.

mckenzie Sat 26-Jul-08 08:39:37

'prayers' even would be more helpful smile

pellmell Sat 26-Jul-08 17:12:20

Thanks
dd has taken it really well so far.
The little JR had an exploritory this a.m which revealed nothing. She was then transferred to an out of hours vet, where she remains

bill for vet no.1= £600
vet no.2 is anyones guess
We got stung l1 months ago for £745 so learned our lesson and have pet insurance.

dd does seem lonely sad

mckenzie Sat 26-Jul-08 19:25:29

how old is your DD? I'm not sure how my two will be when our old cat eventually decides to call it a day. I've been told they will be very matter of fact about it but I think 7 year old DS will cry more than me sad.

Hope JR recovers well.

pellmell Sat 26-Jul-08 21:41:40

she's three and very much a "why?" child.
I suppose it's hard for all ages isn't.

The vet has spoken to dh tonight and said jr is stable,still very flat and cold and being given fluids.
Hopefully the night will be a turning point and she'll pick up soon.

mckenzie Sun 27-Jul-08 11:09:26

morning pellmell - what news today?

pellmell Mon 28-Jul-08 11:32:43

hi, thanks for asking.
They operated on her thinking she had a blockage in her intestines but found nothing.
She was then on a drip until 2 o'clock sunday.
Vets then discharged her telling dh they thought she would improve once home. They said that she might well be in deep shock and be better off at home.

It's been awful-she has gone from a perfectly happy,lively Jack russell on friday night to a skeletal,glazed little thing. She is shaking non stop and looks brain damaged to me sad
Dh has taken her back to the vets now and they are going to run some more tests today.

DD has been fantastic but obviously wants her "old" dog back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now