Talk

Advanced search

I took my cat to the vets about a small lump she's had for ages. It was an airgun pellet!

(10 Posts)
Twinklemegan Fri 25-Jul-08 23:14:27

What kind of a low life would shoot at a family pet? It's been healed over for ages apparently and I never even realised she'd been shot. I feel so crap and I'm wondering where on earth it happened. sad

differentID Fri 25-Jul-08 23:18:35

Plenty of people. Unfortunately that's the reason I keep my 2 indoors.

pinkteddy Fri 25-Jul-08 23:22:30

It happened to my old cat three times where we used to live! He nearly lost a leg. It only stopped when I called the police. They thought it was kids. Its a sick world sometimes. sad

morningpaper Fri 25-Jul-08 23:31:06

shock

Twinklemegan Fri 25-Jul-08 23:39:29

I'm just praying it happened before we moved up here (rural Scotland) or I would just despair of this whole country.

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Fri 25-Jul-08 23:44:36

there's some nasty people out there. sad

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 25-Jul-08 23:51:45

We had this with my cat as well!
I was soooo shocked.
What made it worse was that when it happened the pellet went through her eye. We had no idea what happened and massive vet bills. Then a few years later (by which time I'd met dp), I noticed a lump behind her ear, which gradually travelled a bit towards her neck. Took her to the vets and they cut it out and gave us the air pellet. DP said he knew it was that all along but didn't want to upse me.
To think of the poor thing being shot through her eye and surviving with all faculties and personality intact - 9 lives is true! She is now 19 it happened when she was 5.

Shitemum Fri 25-Jul-08 23:51:56

My cat was shot at years ago and tho i realised at the time something had hurt her, as she shot into the house terrified, hid under a chair and had blood on her leg, i didn't realise for at least a year that it was an airgun pellet and that the pellet had gone right through the fleshiest part of her thigh and lodged just under her skin on the inside of her leg. It stayed there till she died of something unrelated years later...

Twinklemegan Fri 25-Jul-08 23:57:10

You know, I'm now having vague recollections of something happening maybe a year ago (at our old house). A bit of blood - I might have even noticed a wound, I can't quite remember. She's always been one to get into scrapes so we didn't think much of it. I think we resolved to take her to the vet if it ever looked to be infected, which it didn't. Yes, I definitely remember something now.

Flibbertyjibbet - your story is terrifying. The poor thing!

Lovesdogsandcats Sat 26-Jul-08 19:01:41

Oh for fucks sake I am so angry for you and your cat. these fucking cowardly weak pathetic monsters who hurt defenceless animals....only because they are so weak they pick on something that can't fight back.

As for air guns, should be fucking banned.

hope your cat is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now