Talk

Advanced search

Peruvian Guinea pigs

(6 Posts)
christywhisty Wed 23-Jul-08 23:24:18

Has anyone got one. Do you give them a hair cut or leave them long? Also do they stay fairly small?

Our little one is about 10 weeks old and his hair is now down to the ground, he does get brushed regularly and it seems to be in good condition. I am a bit nervous of giving him a hair cut yet as he still is a bit skittish.

Our other gp has long back hair and doesn't mind having a hair cut.

whispywhisp Thu 24-Jul-08 19:43:35

I have one and regularly give him a trim, especially around his back end, cos otherwise he can get a bit yeucky cos he likes to sit in his wee! I soak him around that area first because it makes it easier to cut.

nickytwotimes Thu 24-Jul-08 19:44:33

I used to trim my one's hair too so it didn't get stinky.

whispywhisp Thu 24-Jul-08 19:53:10

Coincidentally I trimmed my pig's back end only yesterday because he'd got a matt of fur mixed in with hay and it was like a fur ball. I then put him straight outside in full sun and he spent about an hour grooming himself. Why he can't do that on a day to day basis I don't know. Maybe he quite likes me giving him a trim?!

PussinWellies Fri 25-Jul-08 08:57:42

Trim.
And don't do what we did and get a white one. Shows every mark!

christywhisty Fri 01-Aug-08 23:45:23

Sorry forgot I started this.
We cut his "fringe" as it was getting to the stage where you couldn't tell his front end from his back end. Thankfully he isn't white, he is mainly chocolate brown, but does have a ginger and white streak across his shoulders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now