Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to be a fosterer :)

(6 Posts)
LuckySalem Sun 20-Jul-08 18:58:56

I've been bugging DP for a dog for a long time but cos of vets bills we can't afford it (although could afford insurance but DP doesn't understand this)

So after reading into it I've signed up to become a fosterer I'm so happy

nickytwotimes Sun 20-Jul-08 19:06:56

Congrats, Salem.
Happy fostering those doggies!
envy

LuckySalem Sun 20-Jul-08 19:08:59

I think it will keep DD happy as she loves watching any animal move. (The cats cleaning themselves get a HUGE laugh)

Plus I need to make myself go out more so walking a dog twice a day will do a good job of it.

Also if I can show DP that we can afford a dog and look how much fun it is then maybe we'll eventually be able to offer a "forever" home for one grin

LittleB Mon 21-Jul-08 20:34:50

Good luck, we did this when I was a teenager, we'd recently lost our 13yr old retriever, but weren't in a position to get another dog (my mum was a single parent working full time as a teacher with 2 teenagers, so no amount of nagging would persuade her), but we had a lab to stay for a few weeks one summer holiday and it was lovely. Good way to win around your DH too, anyone know where I can foster chickens? trying to persuade dh to let me get some of thosewink.

HollyandNoah Tue 22-Jul-08 12:36:35

aww go you! I would get way too attached and want to keep them all! xx

Dibsie Thu 24-Jul-08 20:22:55

I've been thinking about fostering for a while now (although hubbie has visions of me barricading the door if anyone comes to take one!) How did you go about becoming one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now