Talk

Advanced search

HELP ME!! CATS

(7 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 17-Jul-08 14:59:01

I have 2 lovely cats, but this last 2 weeks we have had 2 stray cats come into the house though the window and they have sprayed in my house. I cant seem to get rid of the smell, any hints? Also can anyone suggest a way to stop them coming in??
I dont want to shut the window as my cats often use this way to come and go as they please.

TIA

bella29 Thu 17-Jul-08 15:01:16

Use a solution of biological washing detergent for the smell - never any ammonia-based cleaners as this just exacerbates it shock

lisad123 Thu 17-Jul-08 15:59:53

do i just mix with water?

cluckyagain Thu 17-Jul-08 16:02:30

Cat flap - magnetic one or microchip one? I'm having the same probs at the moment with another cat coming in and scaring my kittens/ chasing them up unreachable trees, breaking new normal catflap. Vastly annoying!

lisad123 Thu 17-Jul-08 16:05:19

I would love to put a cat flap in, but I have a conswervatory the whole length of the back of my house, and its glass the whole way. Front door is glass too

cluckyagain Thu 17-Jul-08 17:12:39

I think you fit them into glass but it's expensive.

bella29 Fri 18-Jul-08 11:27:45

Yes, just mix up some biological washing powder or liquid with water and spray or wipe it on, leave it for a few minutes and then dry.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now