Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!!! Just found out my cat is pregnant.....what do I need to buy?

(12 Posts)
mum2taylor Tue 15-Jul-08 08:45:29

I have just found out my cat is pregnant ... I have no idea what she will need...she doesnt have a cat bed at the minute .... should I buy her one? Also, we were just going to bet a large cardboard box to keep the kittens in with some blankets etc. Any advice on what to do...im completely clueless Im afraid blush

peggotty Tue 15-Jul-08 08:57:54

When she has the kittens she will find her own place to have them, it might be under a bed or in your sock drawer, you can't tell! You could provide a box that she might use but cats tend to go off and find somewhere that they feel safe and comfortable to give birth!

PaulineMole1 Tue 15-Jul-08 09:11:16

My friends cat had her's behind the sofa
I think all you need really is a box and blankets like you said the cat will do the rest.

mum2taylor Tue 15-Jul-08 09:29:15

I plan to keep them for (hopefully) 12 weeks after she has them before trying to find good homes for them....will a box suffice for this time to keep them from wandering anywhere dangerous....at what age do they tend to wander off? Im SOOOOO excited!!! grin

Ladytophamhatt Tue 15-Jul-08 09:33:03

My friends cat had her kiitens on the end of her bad.

While she was asleep in it!!

Cats will do it whereever they want.

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 15-Jul-08 09:35:18

Awwwwww how lovely!...my cat had kittens ages ago now..but twas lovlely...

perhaps a comfy bed for kittys to go in after, and definately card-board box. Eventually you will need a litter tray for mummy cat and you to teach them to poop!...one with low sides is what you need.

My cat had hers in our downstairs bathroom, we put the box and bed in their quite early on and thats where she went to give birth. They stayed contained in their too, which was safer when they started doodling around..and it kept the children away from them.

mum2taylor Tue 15-Jul-08 09:37:54

Me and DP work all day and im really hoping she can hold them in until I get home from work....I would hate to think of her going through it on her own (oh how attached we get to our pets...grin). She keeps going in behind the washing machine though and im worried about her having them in there in case they are hurt....will need to try and box it in so she cant go in there any more.

mum2taylor Tue 15-Jul-08 09:45:08

Can anyone tell me if there are any signs that she is due to give birth? She is a lot more noticeable round the tummy now but I have no clue how far along she is?

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 15-Jul-08 09:53:04

I think staying in and around the house is a tell-tale sign...and not being able to settle..you know, sniffing places out and wondering around.

It's really amazing to watch, my cat had 4, they came quite quickly really, and we thought she had finished after the 3rd..and 20mins later the 4th arrived.

awwww it's exciting!

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 15-Jul-08 09:53:55

Perhaps take her to the vet for a check-up? he would give you more of an idea.

Kitsilano Tue 15-Jul-08 09:54:42

Birthing pool?

mum2taylor Tue 15-Jul-08 10:02:01

lol at birthing pool! hey kit....this is my baby we r talking about wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now