Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bringing my new kittens home soon.... Help!

(5 Posts)
kookykid Sun 13-Jul-08 19:19:10

Does anyone have any useful advice/tips?!

I have bought the same food and litter as they have in their current home, a covered litter tray, a bed, scratching tent thingy and toys.

I also have a 15 month old DD and worried she might hurt them (obviously will watch her with them at all times).

Thanks!

kookykid Sun 13-Jul-08 19:44:02

bump

anyone?

Alambil Mon 14-Jul-08 09:17:00

Just put them in the carrying box, open the door and leave them - get on with daily life.

They'll come out in their own good time and may well find a small hole to hide in - make sure they can't get trapped anywhere (I had to block the space behind the washing machine from my kitten!)

Have fun!

bethoo Mon 14-Jul-08 09:20:54

keep them quiet in their own room for a few days with their food, water and litter tray then when they are settled and feeling more confident introduce them to the family. your little dd may be frightened at first as kittens are so small and tend to cling with their nails. but do watch your dd as i have two 7/8 year old cats and a 16 month ds and he tries to straddle them like he does our boxer dog!
all will be fine but teach your dd respect and to be 'gentle' which i s what i am constanntly saying to my dd. your dd will adore them like my ds does our animals! grin

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 14-Jul-08 09:23:52

when they cry the first night and you wonder if you have done a terrible thing by removing them from their Mum and brothers and sisters remember it only takes a couple of days before they settle in and create complete havoc.

I think its worth having a couple of cheap litter trays about the place while they are settling in - saves them feeling stressed when they can't find the main one. I've also scratched about in the (clean) litter to make interesting 'this is your cat litter' sounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now