Talk

Advanced search

I think my cat has killed a bird

(6 Posts)
itati Sun 13-Jul-08 17:21:44

This isn't what she does. Why has she started, she never did it when she was a young and energetic kitten? She will be 14 next week. She shouldn't be doing this! sad

luckylady74 Sun 13-Jul-08 17:25:49

It may jhave been a poorly bird - she could have done it a favour. Old cats sart to crap on beds too - be thankful!

lucyellensmum Sun 13-Jul-08 18:11:36

she probably did do it before, its instinct but she might be less careful about getting caught just now. Tis the way of the world, cats kill birds.

If you are worried about changes in behaviour generally, then take her to a vet - lots of things can cause their behaviour to change and you as an owner will notice subtle changes that the rest of us will say - and so? but it might be significant and worth running some bloods. Is she eating well and happily piddling and pooing?

itati Sun 13-Jul-08 18:19:07

She is in meds which she has been very naughty baout taking. She sleeps a lot too but cats do, don't they and she seems happy enough. Very funny this morning when I found her curled up in the kid's tunnel. grin

lucyellensmum Sun 13-Jul-08 18:31:22

och then i wouldnt worry about her - she is probably fitter than she looks, and it is the time of year that the baby birds make themselves easy prey.

itati Mon 14-Jul-08 18:00:39

So sad though to see it laid dead with its feet all spread out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now