Talk

Advanced search

Kittens!

(32 Posts)
VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 07:52:14

We went to look at a new car yesterday and came home to no cat.
Went to bed last night, still no cat, woke up this morning, I was panicking as DP's mum's cat got run over last week sad
There is a big garden adjoined to our house which is basically wild, with about three sheds so half hour ago I decided to go on a search, got to one shed, Chi was meowing, she was in this shed, under a rabbit hutch nesting in hay with 4 perfectly fine kittensgrin
I have been really worried as last time she got pg three died at birth and the last one died two days later as she couldn't feed it but they are at least 12 hours old (no way she wouldn't have come in unless they were born) and she is feeding them all finesmile
There are four, one grey stripy tabby type, one brown stripy tabby type, one black with a brown patch and a little brown nose and another brown tabby that is mostly black.
We need namesgrin

fedupandisolated Sun 13-Jul-08 08:01:35

Congratulations to Chi.

Am no good at names so will leave others to come up with those.

WeeBesom Sun 13-Jul-08 08:10:30

Congrats! My sis has a cat called Oscar, hopeless with names too, sorry.

Sexonlegs Sun 13-Jul-08 08:15:51

How lovely!

Crap with names too!

The black kitten with the brown patch could be "Patch"?

Ermmmm.

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 09:49:36

So far we have Naboo- brown tabby, Jet- black one with patch (DD's choice of name) Dave- grey tabby (DS's choice of name) and dark tabby has no name.

differentID Sun 13-Jul-08 10:17:01

How about Mack?

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 10:32:12

Hmmm, not sure I like mack.
Unnamed is a boy though (naboo&jet are girls)

differentID Sun 13-Jul-08 10:47:17

Shadow?

Mum2BabyRoo Sun 13-Jul-08 11:10:46

Ash?

EOM Sun 13-Jul-08 11:15:07

My cats have been called Misty, Sooty, Smudge, Oscar, Minky and Coco

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 11:41:26

Nope, it doesn't suit any of those names either.

boredveryverybored Sun 13-Jul-08 11:43:54

My last two cats were called Fudge and Boo (DD's choices ) Current mog is called Nala, but she's a girl.

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 11:53:36

I like fudge but I think it's the wrong colours.

Since childhood I've had Scrag,Jess,Mushki,Tango,Cash,Pepsi,Smudge,Treacle,Bracken,Crete,Marmaduke,Seven,Norman,Slick,Storm,A lex and Chi, so they're al out of the question too!

I'm running out of names!

FabioTheLiterateCat Sun 13-Jul-08 11:54:54

Fabio

lol at free birthing cat

differentID Sun 13-Jul-08 11:59:45

We had Ebony and Honey who were brothers. Ebony was black and Honey was a brown mackerel tabby
Then we had Molly- May who's a tortie, Felix (black and white who we found and re-homed as we had Moll and Honey and couldn't afford another at the time, then Paris adopted my Mum and he was a very skinny version of Honey with weird back legs. I moved away and now have J and K who are black and white, and my sister rescued Jesse-James who is black and white.

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 12:03:38

Ah, I've had a Felix too, and another whose name I can't remember.

bogie Sun 13-Jul-08 12:09:41

Liquorice for the black/brown one?

Alambil Sun 13-Jul-08 12:50:32

aaaahhhhhhh how sweet!

you going to keep them all?!

What about George for a name

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 12:51:44

Put it this way, I shan't actively look for homes for them but if anyone I know asks then I'll think about itgrin

differentID Sun 13-Jul-08 12:53:39

I would love another, but j and k are completely house cats and we would have to do the same with any others, in a mid link 3 bedroom house I think they'd kill each other.

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 12:59:18

DP knows I want to keep at least two not sure how I'd house 5 cats but oh well, my parents had seven at one time and the house never smelt catty nor did you ever really see more than one or two at a time so hopefully they'll be okay.

MiL would love one as her cat got run over but she won't get one until she moves, so we had offered to keep one for when she moves but now that's been put back at least a year so who knows..

friedgreentomatoes Sun 13-Jul-08 17:58:43

My darling cat (Coco) also got run over this year

Wish you were closer to us VS as I would love to have one of your kittens.

Will have a think about names for you after I sort out dinner.

VictorianSqualor Sun 13-Jul-08 18:36:55

I'm getting attached to them alreadygrin
MiL has said she wants one and she'll 'fund' it until she moves (by which she means buy a million cat toys and the ponciest cat food you can findgrin)

EOM Mon 14-Jul-08 08:21:48

Since my childhood cats names didn't inspire you, how about my current dogs:
Whisky & Frisky grin

VictorianSqualor Mon 14-Jul-08 10:07:22

grin
Good names, we're going to let MiL name the unnamed one now as she is having it so for now it's being called 'unnamed'.

I remembered that other cat I had was called Onyx.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now