Talk

Advanced search

Really daft question

(6 Posts)
itati Thu 10-Jul-08 15:35:51

How can we tell if our cat is incontinent if we never find the wet bits but hubby says he can smell cat wee where he shouldn't, and what does it mean for us to do? She is nearly 14 and on medication for an illness she will have for life.

wotulookinat Thu 10-Jul-08 23:02:23

Are you sure that it's not just the cat smelling? Our cat is 11, and although he's not incontinent, the room that he sleeps in gets bit whiffy of cat wee. I find that open windows and a few Neutrador air fresheners does the trick! I think older cats can get a bit smelly.

itati Fri 11-Jul-08 10:48:11

She has her own bed in the utility but likes the chair in the lounge. It smells there and she has stopped sleeping on it so we wondered if she had had an accident.

bethoo Fri 11-Jul-08 10:50:03

she may have had an accident but is dry by morning. cat wee lingers so the best thing you could do is wash the carpet where youcan smell urine with a shampoo designed for eliminating wee odours as a cat (and dog) will wee in the sam place if their odour is there.

wotulookinat Fri 11-Jul-08 10:52:36

Biological washing powder is good for getting the smell. out. Don't use a cleaner with amonia in as the cat will still be able to smell the urine and might go there again.

itati Fri 11-Jul-08 11:20:28

Will get hubby to do it with the wet hoover. I hope she is okay. I worry about her constantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now