Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help please! our 9 week old kitten keeps attacking dp.

(10 Posts)
me23 Thu 10-Jul-08 09:34:17

we got him on sunday, he is very playful but he doesn't stop pouncing on dp and biting stratching him, him arms, head etc.. last night he jumped on his face when he was sleeping and stratched above his eye.Understandably dp is getting really pissed off with this, he can't even sleep as the kitten just jumps on him at night. Is this normal? or something wrong with kitten? We tried locking him in the kitchen at night but he just miaows and we feel bad. Please help as dp is seriously considering getting rid of the kitten.

MadamAnt Thu 10-Jul-08 09:43:30

Hmm...how about putting DP in the kitchen at night? Or maybe he could wear one of these at night? wink

I think kittens just do this. He'll grow out of it.

me23 Thu 10-Jul-08 09:44:48

lol but the eyes are still on show madam ant! I do hope he grows out of it.

MadamAnt Thu 10-Jul-08 10:09:15

Accessorize balaclava with this? wink

Or sprinkle this around the pillow?

Sorry...I'm sure someone will have a sensible suggestion soon.

MadamAnt Thu 10-Jul-08 10:10:23

Actually have you thought about trimming the kitteh's claws? I think I did that with mine when they were little. And vicious.

Alambil Thu 10-Jul-08 13:54:49

um, shut the kitten out?

I did that with mine - she's not allowed in the bedrooms

It's a bit of a fag sometimes but mostly she stays downstairs and I keep the doors shut

She got control of her claws by 12-16 weeks so it's not forever...

Don't get rid of her

me23 Thu 10-Jul-08 19:03:37

No I dont want to get rid of him, I bought him some active toys today so hoping that will help a bit.

As for shutting him out, I'm currently living in a small 1 bed flat so me and dp sleep in theliving room and the kitchen is off it so you can hear everything so even if we put kitten in there we can still hear him miaowing.

me23 Fri 11-Jul-08 10:14:50

well dp had to sleep on the airbed in dds room last night. As soon as he came home from a night out kitten went straight for him.
kitten slept next to me all night and didnt attack me once so why us he attacking dp.

bethoo Fri 11-Jul-08 10:21:18

could be a territory thing? i would advise getting him neutered as soon as possible though too early at mo as his testes may not have actually dropped yet. this will calm him down.
perhaps he sees your dp as a play mate whilst you are the motherly one? get your [artner to play with him only with toys like those things on string so no actaul contact with your dp. when he goes for your dp remove him from the area. he should in time learn.

me23 Sat 12-Jul-08 21:54:34

just wanted to reprt back, last night was fine! kitten didn't attack dp at night he just slept on our bed all night. I'm hoping things will be ok now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now