Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone know of a needy cause for my now departed ponys rugs?

(6 Posts)
widgypog Thu 27-Sep-07 19:44:02

I have a plethera of rugs all fairly old but sound and clean . My pony(of 25 years) was put to sleep on 28th june and I have them in my garage. I know I could sell them but I sold some before from a previous horse I loved and the woman was haggling with me and I would rather they went to a good cause than to someone who doesn't care that these rugs belonged to my beautiful horse that i love and miss. I called a local sanctuary and the woman didnt seem that bothered, so I know there are lots of mumsnetters out there who have horses so any suggestions gratefully received. I know its irrational but these rugs are part of her. p.s I am in west sussex and the majority are 5ft 6 or 9

DoctorAficionadoDelArse Thu 27-Sep-07 21:00:21

I'm sure if you contact the ILPH, they are always in need of rugs etc. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your ponysad. Just think how happy you could make some other little pony who has never known the comfort of a lovely warm rug on a winters night.

widgypog Fri 28-Sep-07 10:30:38

oh doctor I know that is exactly what I want..I think ill try the ilph..thanks

Threadworm Fri 28-Sep-07 10:41:56

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pony. Twenty five years is such a long friendship. You must have felt very sad.

Hope you find a good home for the rugs. I'm sure there will be someone who will welcome them.

widgypog Fri 28-Sep-07 17:02:04

thanks threadworm..I suppose I just want someone who is grateful . I cant explain that but they mean more to me than rugs but equally I know they could be of use to someone. I couldnt be happier if I knew a sad little pony somewhere could benefit from me spoiling my pony. I guess I was just hoping someone would come on mumsnet with a sad story that would pull at my heart strings enough to let them go.

brimfull Fri 28-Sep-07 17:06:02

your local rspca may have horses and be glad of them .OUrs has about 5 ponies at any one time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now