Talk

Advanced search

Giant African Land Snails

(6 Posts)
hennipenni Mon 24-Sep-07 17:31:47

anybody have any knowledge/experience of them? Are they really as easy to look after as it says on the net? DD would like one, only problem being that I could see the snail outliving the enthusiasm!

hennipenni Tue 25-Sep-07 09:58:27

slimmy bump!

DoctorAficionadoDelArse Tue 25-Sep-07 14:26:55

We had one given. It was truly the most boring pet ever. The kids lost interest in a matter of days because it never actually did anything.

I refused to look after it as I'm not keen on ordinary snails, let alone ones the size of a large fist so it was eventually down to DH who failed the poor creature miserably and it died.

hennipenni Tue 25-Sep-07 14:56:42

Thanks, I agree that it will be/may the most boring pet ever. Just need to tell DD that I don't want to be lumbered with it when she --gets bored--goes off to college/university etc.

Fennel Tue 25-Sep-07 15:04:38

We have 3, I'm quite fond of them. Just when you think they aren't doing anything you turn away and - suddenly - they've done something.

They are very easy to look after. But maybe children will get bored of them, we're the third family to own this set of snails.

NAB3 Tue 25-Sep-07 16:12:07

We might be getting one to look after from school. DS1 not best pleased we didn't send the form back and says he is too late for one now. Will try though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now