Talk

Advanced search

cat constantly licking bottom.

(6 Posts)
joopie Sat 08-Sep-07 19:56:00

my cat is constantly licking his bottom, my research suggests anal gland blockage(UUUUUURRRRGH). before i take him to the vet for him to empty them(no way im going to lose my hand trying to squeeze his bum glands)has anyone elses cat had a bottom licking obsession, and what caused it??

blousy Sat 08-Sep-07 20:06:02

Not my cat, but my dog! It ended up really sore and infected, so get him to the vet asap! Wish I had.. Might have saved some money!

haychee Sat 08-Sep-07 20:07:15

My dog gets this, costs £5 to be drined by the vet and takes 5minutes.Dont stress, make an appt with vet, will be sorted in no time. Might need to keep taking kitty back every few months as i do with dog1. Smell kinda skunky/musky rancid awful pungent nasty.

Radley Sat 08-Sep-07 20:08:19

Have you wormed him recently? I have 3 moggies aged, 13, 3 and 8 months and I've never experienced anything like this.

Hope your moggy is better soon.

Sekator Sat 08-Sep-07 20:13:57

I'd say glands. The vet just squeezes the gunk out.
With worms they do that bottom shuffle thing that leaves trails of cat-crap on your carpet.
Cats are such elegant pets.

joopie Sun 09-Sep-07 09:27:38

thanks everyone, i thought it might be glands. i think i'll wait in the waiting when vet empties them, if i catch a whiff i'll hurl all over the floor, table, vet, nurse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now