Talk

Advanced search

Guinea pigs playing 'piggy backs'

(4 Posts)
nappyzone Sun 26-Aug-07 21:24:43

Well thats what im telling my 4 yr old but basically they were 8 weeks old when i got them (2 girls im told) and that was in june so about 16 weeks oldish now - basically one of them has been chasing the other all over today and cornering her and ermmmm - rutting or tryign to mate with her - i have had them both out for a sex check and they both look like they have little nipples near there hind leg areas so im sure they are girls unless boys have them too? Is this normal behaviour or am i going to have a suprise in a few weeks? One of thems bits looked a bit dischargy so maybe in season i dont have a clue - help?

beansprout Sun 26-Aug-07 21:26:29

Oh I do love a good lesbian guinea pig thread grin

fishie Sun 26-Aug-07 21:29:18

when i did gp mating the boy piggy errrm squirted quite generously. apparently it forms a plug to stop other potential fathers achieving their aim.

nappyzone Sun 26-Aug-07 21:39:24

oh they have me worried - i had rabbits once that rutted and turned evil, i could never catch them - i havent really given these two the run of the garden so to speak - are they a bugger to catch or do they go home themselves - its a big garden with some escape routes for persistent escapees - should i risk it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now