Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop my dog getting on the dining room table.

(7 Posts)
notsofarnow Thu 23-Aug-07 17:56:28

He's done this while we've been out when we first had him so now is caged when we are out at he was weeing on table too.

But just returned from my mums for a week and have found him on dining room table twice today. He has even managed this when all chairs are tucked under table - how i've not a clue seems his legs are only 6 inches long.

He is still weeing and pooing in his cage when we go out, roll on kids back to school and I can take him to obedience classes.

He is 18 months old and we've had him 4 weeks.

Scootergrrrl Thu 23-Aug-07 18:10:06

Balance baking trays on the edge of the table so that when he jumps up they clatter down and give him a fright. Stopped my deliquent dog jumping on the kitchen worksurfaces!

twinsetandpearls Thu 23-Aug-07 18:20:09

ours used to do that, he was doing it to see out of the window so we moved the table away from the window into the centre of the room and also put a large vase in the middle and now he never does it.

twinsetandpearls Thu 23-Aug-07 18:20:41

But I may use the baking trays to get the cats off the kitchen work surfaces

cece Thu 23-Aug-07 18:31:36

Lock him outside - also while you are out, tie him up outside - has he got a kennel where he sleeps?

Speccy Thu 23-Aug-07 20:03:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notsofarnow Thu 23-Aug-07 20:39:02

thanks girls.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: