Talk

Advanced search

I think my kitten has a boyfriend.

(8 Posts)
Jenkeylovesdazzy Tue 21-Aug-07 23:08:20

Our little boo-boo cat is just 6 months and is still pretty teeny. We are hoping she will have a litter of kittens but she still seems so little. Today in the garden she was courting with a huge tabby with big balls. He was hanging around and she was kind of putting her hackles up and pretending to be cross but was really hanging around him! is she likely to come into season at this tender age? And if so any potential problems of tiny lady kitty and great big boy cat? [ouch].

Twinklemegan Tue 21-Aug-07 23:21:34

Both my cats had litters at around 6 months old (before we got them). One was teeny tiny.

beautifulgirls Wed 22-Aug-07 15:44:02

Why?? Does she really need this stress at this age if at all. Please look at why you are doing this to her.

NAB3 Wed 22-Aug-07 15:45:25

My cat was 5 months when she started calling for a mate. We had her netured. Enough kittens in the world already.

KITTENSOCKS Wed 22-Aug-07 17:29:10

Please don't allow her to get pregnant at 6 months, I have a cat from Cats Protection, whose mother was herself rescued when pregnant at a young age, she gave birth to 3 kittens, 2 of whom did not survive the birth, only mine. They may be able to breed at 6 months, but it doesn't mean it's safe for them. Also consider if she has birthing problems how much the vets bill will be and that if a big kitten gets stuck she will need a caesarian, putting both lives at risk.

noddyholder Wed 22-Aug-07 17:42:20

I had a cat that was very young and got pregnant she was tiny.She only had one kitten and he was huge and a bit silly I absolutely loved him

Jenkeylovesdazzy Wed 22-Aug-07 22:23:55

I'm not 'doing' anything to her - she's a normal cat who lives in the house but goes out through the cat flap when she wants. I'm not forcing her to do anything. We would like her to have a litter of kittens at some point as I was privileged enough to live in a house with kittens as a child and I would like my daughters to have the same experience. She doesn't seem stressed at all, in fact right now she is curled up on my lap asleep.

beautifulgirls Thu 23-Aug-07 17:35:09

She's too young - just because she may be able to get pregnant at this age does not mean she is really old enough for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now