Talk

Advanced search

OMG --- might be getting a DOG!! but sad as might not ...

(27 Posts)
kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 15:58:24

My sisters boyfriend lives in a house with 4 other 17 year olds, one of their mums gave them all a Jack Russell Pup (11 months.

They decide they dont want her So my sisters boyfriend gives her to her!! But she cant keep her as she lives at home, and mum wont allow another dog.

I have fell in love with her!

And have asked if I can have her! I cant bear the thought of her being passed about!

But now 'the lads' have said the orignal owner (one of their mums) might want her back (to sell her i think)

I cant afford to pay much (as would also need equoptment)

So am just waiting to hear whats going on next !

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 16:01:42

Qucik. Dognap her!!

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 16:02:52

She so beautiful! tiny!

I know she would be looked after here

-oh and i would need lots of hekp from you lot, training ect, lol.

Could i change her name at 11 months?

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 16:03:27

Yes, why not.

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 16:04:40

Just thought she might get confused.

Shes called Sascha, - doesnt suit her, lol!

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 16:16:20

Shes gone now, sis has taken her back to the 'lad hous' and they are going to ring the original owner and ask if I can have her or if she wants her back...

will let you know what happens x

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 16:16:41

Good luck.

Woof.

beautifulgirls Sat 18-Aug-07 16:24:34

if you do get her please get her insured. If you cant afford a lot for her you cant afford not to be insured for vets bills. Make sure she gets vaccinated/dewormed/deflead too.
Good luck, hope it turns out well for you.

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 16:32:13

Oh I know that,

she would be registered with the vet and be fully insured.

I just meant we couldnt afford to pay much for her right now (just bought a bugaboo, lol) and I dont think they would hang about and wait till next month IYKWIM.

She would be wormed vaccinated and everything else she needs!

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 18:43:25

The woman wont let us have her

The boys dont want her and neither does the woman

but we cant

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 18:44:11

If she doesn't want the dog why won't she let you have her?

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 18:46:01

I dont know

I havent spoken to her.

She gave her away, then the boys tried to give her away,

she would be happy here, and stay here forever,

i dont know whats going to happen to her!!

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 18:47:54

If she was willing to give itto a house of pisshead 17 year old who are more likey to tripover it than take her for a walk why wont she let her live with us??

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 18:48:04

Where is she now?

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 18:49:15

At my sisters boyfriends.

They didnt get up this AM and shed poo'd in the lounge and they were all argueing and wouldnt clean it up!

Nbg Sat 18-Aug-07 18:49:16

Why dont you explain that you have been looking for a dog for long time, would love to have her and offer to pay her something.
Say enough to cover the costs of what she might have paid for jabs or something?

You dont have to spend a fortune on things for her.
I find local pet shops and pet market stalls much cheaper than big places like Pets at home.

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 18:49:39

sorry - that was a random example of how shed be better off here!

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 18:50:01

Go and get the dog from your sister's! Sounds like you are the only one who really wants her. This is mean. Poor dog.

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 18:51:15

I cant do that - theyve said no.

I offered them a crate of beer for her and they accepted(??!!!) until they rang the mum!

NAB3 Sat 18-Aug-07 18:51:43

Report her.

Nbg Sat 18-Aug-07 18:52:07

But whats her reason for you not having her?

Seems a bit odd

beautifulgirls Sat 18-Aug-07 19:01:16

The dog legally belongs to the 17yr olds who have her, not the lady who gave it to them, unless they have had her for under a week AND there were any slightly unclear circumstances about how they came to have her in the first place. It is therefore their decision as to who has her next, not the original ladys decision. I suggest you go and offer the lads a bit of money as well as the beer and get them to sign a piece of paper saying they are happy for you to take ownership of the dog.
I doubt the original lady has the dog's interests at heart at all - if she was willing to let it live in a house of 17yr olds in the first place she is not really thinking straight in my opinion.

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 19:12:24

Hiya,

My sisters just brought her to my house ... and shes mine!! :D

She was fibbing on the phone! She wanted to surprise me with her!

Wow! I have a dog!

(and eek!)

Nbg Sat 18-Aug-07 19:12:56

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lol

kitsandbits Sat 18-Aug-07 19:16:35

LOL!

i nearly cried!

Am a bit weary as she doesnt seem to like my little one,

but dont want to judge her too much as shes only just got here, new environment ect ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now