Talk

Advanced search

My cat might have oral cancer..........

(16 Posts)
kittycats2 Thu 16-Aug-07 21:35:29

Hi every im very down today took my cat to vets on monday as he has a lump in his mouth, they said it could be a polop(dont know how to spell) or oral cancer i had to leave him for the day while they took it off and i have to take him back tomorrow for a check up and the results im so worried that it is going to be cancer and if it is i will have to have him put to sleep as he will just go down hill really fast and be in pain

peachygirl Thu 16-Aug-07 21:38:34

HI another cat owner here. I'm really sorry to hear about your cat, I hope the results show polyps.

kittycats2 Thu 16-Aug-07 22:23:32

thanks hun fingers crossed

kitsandbits Thu 16-Aug-07 22:27:07

im sorry to hear this, have had a few cats visit the vet and not come back

its awful.

CarGirl Thu 16-Aug-07 22:29:49

my cat had a growth in his stomache, he was elderly so didn't want him touched. He was on half a steriod tablet every day for 11 months before he went down hill & stopped eating. It was a very special 11 bonus months so dont despair yet.

TaLcUm Thu 16-Aug-07 22:32:18

keeping my fingers crossed for you.

stleger Thu 16-Aug-07 22:50:21

Our cat had oral cancer, it was a speedy end. he had really smelly breath and dribbled before diagnosis. He is 12 years dead and we miss him - his photo is still in the gallery in the kitchen. I hope you puss is OK.

TaLcUm Fri 17-Aug-07 08:50:43

wishing lots of luck for results x

peachygirl Fri 17-Aug-07 12:17:12

Any news kittycats?? fingers crossed

stleger Fri 17-Aug-07 15:11:37

Hope all is well?

alfielooloo Fri 17-Aug-07 22:30:37

Am crossing my fingers for you.

kittycats2 Fri 17-Aug-07 23:06:54

hi thanks for all the support ITS GOOD NEWS NO CANCER i was up all night worring,the vet thought it was as it was so red and aggresive but that was because the little bugger (well his not little his a big fat white cat ) kept on bitting it any way she said it was because his teeth need doing its the bacteria (cant spell) from then has caused it and to sort the problem out he needs a dential,more money but i love him his worth it,so i am very poor at the monent ive just payed for him £350 and 2 weeks ago i had to take the rabbit for its teeth cutting £220 so whos next it comes in 3s !!!
thanks again to everyone for their support and crossed fingers IT WORKED

TaLcYsPeArS Sat 18-Aug-07 10:09:38

...hoooooooooray!

Good news!!!

My old boy just had his teeth done=£320

peachygirl Sat 18-Aug-07 22:27:45

Thats brilliant news kittycat I'm so pleased for you

McEdam Sat 18-Aug-07 22:29:14

I'm so glad for you, kittycats2.

kittycats2 Mon 20-Aug-07 16:05:26

Thanks everyone his back to his normal self,ive just got to save up now to sort his teeth out before another lump comes back,the vet thought it was cancer because it was so red and agressive but it turned out it was like that because he had been bitting it the little bugger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now