Talk

Advanced search

Best product for fleas

(5 Posts)
username977943 Tue 22-Oct-19 18:54:05

My cat has fleas (she's an indoor cat so not sure how) we took her to the vets afew years ago due to fleas. They told us a good flea treatment and said it would be cheaper to order online. Can no longer remember the name of it. Can anyone recommend a good treatment. I know you can get frontline but I think this one was stronger. TIA

dementedpixie Tue 22-Oct-19 20:13:56

Think the only effective one without prescription is Advantage. You should still regularly flea treat indoor cats as fleas can be carried in by anyone going in and out the house

Ylvamoon Tue 22-Oct-19 20:24:38

Wash all bedding at 60°C regularly. Indorex spray is good for all the areas where cat sleeps that can't be washed (soft furnishings, floor, ... ).
I have dogs, but I don't treat them regularly, but they have regular baths and get brushed every other day. We have no flea problems and even the Indorex is used sporadically.

Parahebe Fri 25-Oct-19 15:30:09

I agree the one you want to buy is called Advantage, you can buy it online from sites like Fetch or Vetuk. I use this for my cats and have never needed to use an Indorex type spray.

ParadiseLaundry Fri 25-Oct-19 15:44:44

After years of treating the cats and the fleas coming back after a few weeks we sprayed the house with Indorex and didn't actually bother using anything on the cats. That was five years ago and we've never needed to use anything since.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »