Talk

Advanced search

Help!!! How to get cat wee out of mattress??

(6 Posts)
Mirrors123 Sun 20-Oct-19 21:34:48

Didn't know whether to post here or in housekeeping. As the title says really, how to I get cat wee out of my mattress. Expensive mattress so chucking it away is not an option. Help!!!

GoodbyePiccadilly Sun 20-Oct-19 21:36:39

Enzyme cleaner works. I had a similar problem - mattress too expensive and new to junk. Worked a treat. If you haven't got any to hand you can try bio laundry detergent.

Mirrors123 Sun 20-Oct-19 21:41:16

Thank you, where do I get enzyme cleaner from and how did you use it please?

mineofuselessinformation Sun 20-Oct-19 21:46:56

First thing - (and most important). Put down towels and tread all over as if you're treading grapes. Keep going until the towels are practically dry.
This will remove as much moisture as possible.
Then, go with enzyme cleaner / bicarbonate etc as you wish.
And keep the door shut from now on!

Slappadabass Sun 20-Oct-19 22:13:10

Dab it as much as possible, clean with bio wash liquid. Put outside to air out/dry if possible, if not, place it next to a open window.

GoodbyePiccadilly Thu 24-Oct-19 10:17:50

Sorry I didn't reply sooner Mirrors! Any pet shop will have enzyme cleaner and you can get it on Amazon as well. Brands like Simple Solution and Pet Power. I think most supermarkets carry it. It's the only thing I have found that really stops the smell. I had a cat who decided to wee on my bed to make a point about something and then all her kittens copied her. You can just imagine.shock
Got a bottle of enzyme cleaner and sprayed the affected area and around it, left it for 24 hours and when it dried all the smell had gone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »