Talk

Advanced search

My cat has just starting peeing on the sofa in the night - how can I stop her???

(7 Posts)
PutThatInYourPipeandSmokeIt Sun 12-Aug-07 22:12:57

Really peculiar and I have no idea why - usually totally house trained. She's not old or sick. What can i do to stop her doing it without shutting her out of the room?

suwoo Sun 12-Aug-07 22:17:54

Mine does that too!! I have used Feliway and has stopped so far.. now I need to deal with the fleas

BBBee Sun 12-Aug-07 22:20:29

A really good tip is to clean the place really well and then feed her there a couple of times as they don not go where they eat - don't quite know how you will feed her on the sofa though.

TheHerdNerd Sun 12-Aug-07 22:39:03

99% of the time that this happens it's because of cystitis - is the pee pink tinged? Does she still use her litter tray?

Get her to the vet - she's probably got a bladder infection.

PutThatInYourPipeandSmokeIt Mon 13-Aug-07 07:51:32

Hi HerdNerd - I have no idea what colour it is because the sofa is too dark to tell! She comes and goes outside as much as she pleases and we don't have a litter tray. How positive are you that it's probably cystitis - do you have this on good authority??

BBBee - I had the brain storm of putting bowls of dry food on the sofa last night - no peeing but that might be beginners luck!

TheHerdNerd Tue 14-Aug-07 18:12:00

Very good authority - every time it's happened to us it's been cystitis, and I've had two friends that had the same thing. One was cystitis, the other was urine crystals.

Damned cats are quite susceptible apparently!

charliecat Tue 14-Aug-07 18:27:00

My cat was weeing where he wouldnt normally and he turned out to be diabetic. Is she drinking more>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now