Talk

Advanced search

Stairgate that a cat can get through

(7 Posts)
bookthief Tue 31-Jul-07 17:37:07

Has anyone got a stairgate that has wide enough bars for a fairly portly cat to get through?

I know they can usually jump over them but this is to block access to the room with the litter tray so the cat needs to definitely be able to get in!

yaddayah Tue 31-Jul-07 17:50:56

My cat is a tub of lard but could get though the bars of ours easily .. just how fat is your cat ?

yaddayah Tue 31-Jul-07 17:52:39

Sorry that wasn't really helpfull
Iirc the bars can't be too wide as they don't want little heads to get stuck in them (ours was a bog standard mothercare one)

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:53:53

We have one for sale. Where are you?

bookthief Tue 31-Jul-07 18:25:22

I don't have one at all at the moment so it's interesting that your cat could get through a standard one. Might just get one and hope for the best. She's a pretty big cat and quite well padded

NAB3 I'm in Glasgow.

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 18:27:09

Too far then. Never mind.

nct73 Wed 26-Sep-07 10:40:31

Did you ever have any luck? My cat is not particularly agile and we dont want to block her from food or litter or cat flap. She has had "emmotional issues" which resulted in spraying in the past. I have the added problem of narrow doorways (68.5cm) We got the Clippasafe Auto-close but the bars are very close together. cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now