Talk

Advanced search

Hamsters and tubes

(6 Posts)
NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:34:01

We have had Robbie for 5 days now and he is a darling. Still haven't been able to hold him yet. Just heard scrabbling and he was in a kitchen roll tube. I tipped it up so he could get out and he has run back to bed. Just wondering if he couldn't get out?

wildwoman Tue 31-Jul-07 17:35:16

I doubt it, you'd be amazed at the gaps they can queeze through

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:35:43

I meant not being able to get a grip to walk out?

peanutbear Tue 31-Jul-07 17:36:36

he was proably trying to rip it up to put in his bed

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:38:05

We cleaned his bed out the other night and immediately had to change his bedding as this one was new and not as soft!!! He was throwing it out!

beautifulgirls Tue 31-Jul-07 20:35:02

It is unlikely he was stuck - they can climb up through smooth plastic tubes easily enough, so he'd get quite a good grip on a cardboard tube I would think.

Hamsters have a really annoying habit of making a bed somewhere other than where you think it should be. You carefully put the bedding somewhere in a nice neat cage and then they pull it all out and drag it off to stuff somewhere else that they would prefer to sleep. Usually under the wheel that can no longer go round, or some other equally frustrating place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now