Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sick cat - can you suggest a vet near twickenham urgent?

(9 Posts)
Jzee Mon 30-Jul-07 21:49:45

We have just moved to the area and our 10 year old cat is moaning and uncomfortable, not eating ( usually eats alot) not drinking and unable to pass urine etc. Not sure where to take him any suggestions would be very helpfull as I would rather go by recommendation.
thanks

miggy Mon 30-Jul-07 21:55:07

Just go somewhere quickly. Sounds like he has a blocked bladder which is a real emergency (but sortable dont stress). Will be out of hours now and you will probably find most of the local vets use the same out of hours clinic-would suggest phoning a biggish looking practice from the yellow pages. You might not get a choice if not already registered, as in they might not want a new patient out of hours for first time, so bigger practice your best bet

miggy Mon 30-Jul-07 21:57:19

here http://www.any-uk-vet.co.uk/county/middlesex.htm try this

Radley Mon 30-Jul-07 22:00:29

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery
64 Hampton Rd
Twickenham
Middlesex
TW2 5QB
020 8898 0528

Radley Mon 30-Jul-07 22:01:13

Let us know how he gets on, I have a 12 year old cat and she is divine. I luuuuuuurve cats.

Radley Mon 30-Jul-07 22:02:42

emergency no 07739331215

Jzee Mon 30-Jul-07 23:27:41

Thanks everyone for your help. I have just returned from taking him to the out of hours vet. I rang the Hampton Road emergency no, and they told me to take him to the Kew Road Vet. He does appear to have a blocked bladder and they are going to to operate immediately otherwise it would be fatal. I feel so glum leaving him..

Radley Tue 31-Jul-07 17:11:42

How is he today?

Jzee Sat 04-Aug-07 19:04:47

Radley: Thanks for your interest.. he has been at the vets all week and we collected him yesterday. The operation was a success and he is alot better. He along with our other cat are on a new diet ( special food from the vet) and hopefully the same problem won't recur again, but no guarantee. Really pleased with the practice where I took him and the vet was a nice guy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now