Talk

Advanced search

Some Bunny Questions

(5 Posts)
afunnythinghappenedontheway Sun 16-Jun-19 10:31:15

Hi

We have purchased a hutch and are going to view some rabbits today. I was planning to let the rabbits live outside but it has been suggested that they should be kept inside certainly at night. Would it be ok to keep them outside. The hutch is very close to the house and a big size. I also have a run for during the day.

Bwekfusth Sun 16-Jun-19 10:54:56

A rabbit can live in a hutch outside overnight. I wouldn't be bringing it in every night, unless it is extremely cold.

Heratnumber7 Sun 16-Jun-19 11:07:49

Watch out for foxes though. They can get into what you might think is a really secure hutch

Zebedee88 Sun 16-Jun-19 11:09:06

Of course it can live outside. However they shouldn't be outside until after their vaccinations, if you are planning in vaccinating them.

bunnygeek Mon 17-Jun-19 14:51:53

A hutch on its own is just a bedroom really, will they have access to a secure run as well straight from the hutch? They need a surprising amount of space and a lot of the "large" flat pack hutches sold are actually way too small and flimsy!

If you're moving them from hutch to run physically every time you can find yourself with cage aggressive rabbits who resent that much manhandling.

My guys live outside now, they are fully vaccinated and we regularly get foxes and cats in the garden. This is what they live in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »