loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving house with cats

(4 Posts)
smallwhitecat Tue 24-Jul-07 13:41:24

Message withdrawn

pucca Tue 24-Jul-07 13:46:05

We moved last year from a lovely rural area, fields a plenty, to a built up area with busy main roads and a back yard.

We have 2 cats and i really worried about the change in area, tbh they were fine, i just kept them in for a few days so they could get used to the house and then let them out, cats are not stupid, they will go a few feet then come back, going further each time until they know the area.

HTH

mumfor1standfinaltime Tue 24-Jul-07 13:47:52

Sorry to hear about your situation. When my parents moved house, from a large 3 bed to a 2 bed with no garden, they weren't sure how their cat would react.
When they moved he wouldn't settle at all. My dh is very good with cats and so we took him home to live with us in our 3 bed maisonette with no garden. He became an indoor cat as we were on the 3rd floor.

We bought one of those litter trays which have a lid, kind of like a cat loo!
They do help with keeping smells to a minimum and stop little ones touching the litter.

Could it be an option to keep them in?
If you don't feel this is right for you, then contact your local shelters.
I have heard they are busier tahn usual at the moment due to flooding in the country.

Best of luck.

smallwhitecat Tue 24-Jul-07 13:48:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now