Talk

Advanced search

Lost Cat vs Anxiety

(12 Posts)
WinterWillow Thu 25-Apr-19 10:18:18

One of our cats (we have 4) has been missing for 10 days today.
It is so not like him, as, although he does go outside often he is generally always home by early evening. We have a cat flap so he, and the others, always have access to the house as and when they want.

We've called all the local vets, rescues, the council.....everywhere.

We've posted on Facebook.

We've called day and night (sorry neighbours)

We've posted missing cat posters through the doors of half the valley, but nothing.

There have been 3 possible sightings in the same street but we just can't find him sad

Our 2 LO's keep calling for him and are naturally upset and concerned however this has really tipped my anxiety over the edge. I've suffered with anxiety for a few years and the pets (and children) are my world and I literally can't sleep as i'm up listening for him. I can't concentrate in work as I'm constantly checking my phone to see if someone has found / seen him.

I know cats wander, and you never truly own a cat, but this is so out of character for him. I cry every night thinking that he may be stuck or hurt and that he needs me and thinks I've abandoned him.

Anyone had any experience with this, or any happy endings they could share x

kimlo Thu 25-Apr-19 10:22:10

have you tried putting sone of their cat litter on the doorstep? Apparently the smell can help them to find their way home if they are lost.

Atleastihavethecat Thu 25-Apr-19 10:25:25

My cat went missing for four months. He turned up expecting dinner, wondering why mummy was crying all over his fur.

WinterWillow Thu 25-Apr-19 10:33:29

kimlo Yes we have tried this and strong smelling foods.

Atleastihavethecat That is really good to hear. You don't realise how much you'd miss them until they are gone. He (our missing cat) would pee on anything new we brought to the house and I'd get so cross but I wish he'd come home and pee all over the house now just so I could see him :'(

Lemonysherbet Wed 22-May-19 22:38:54

Hey @winterwillow did you find him? Xx

WinterWillow Wed 22-May-19 22:57:16

No we still haven’t found him. We have posted hundreds of flyers and posted them in various places such as shops, take aways etc. All the vets and rescues are aware and his chip company has an alert but nothing. It’s as if he’s vanished in to thin air.

It’s really taking its toll on me, I keep looking for him everywhere I go. I walk for miles with the dogs searching for him and still call him for food and bedtime hoping he will come back.

Lemonysherbet Wed 22-May-19 23:25:48

Oh I hope he does. Have you posted on Facebook groups in the area?

WinterWillow Thu 23-May-19 09:49:30

Yes @lemonysherbet we have posted everywhere and continue to do so sad It's heartbreaking.

Summerorjustmaybe Thu 23-May-19 09:56:47

Our dcat went missing for 6 months.
Don't give up op!
Have you put notices in supermarkets?
People still read them - not everyone uses SM !

usernameuser Thu 23-May-19 10:20:14

Ours came back after 4 months, don't give up hope 💐
Also I've heard tipping the contents of your hoover bag in the garden might help 🤞

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Tue 04-Jun-19 15:39:21

Put him on DogLost (www.doglost.co.uk) as well - lots of people with lost cats do and cats can get into vehicles and end up in an entirely different town/city/part of the country. You will get even more sharing that way.

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Tue 04-Jun-19 15:39:32

PS: it is free to do so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »