Talk

Advanced search

Cat not come home

(6 Posts)
Rosielove96 Wed 17-Apr-19 14:15:15

Hello, we have had a new cat for a week she is roughly 2 years old. She was dieing to go out clawing at our blinds and crying all night long for hours. Normally i would wait longer to let her out but see seemed settled and was quiet comfortable so I let her out and she hasn't come back yet it hasn't been 24hrs yet I'm worried she's got lost. Her old home was over 30 minutes drive away. I have scattered her poo from her litter tray by the door so she has her secent in the area. I have been calling her but nothing yet. I Was going to try and put some tuna outside tonight. Does anyone have any ideas or similar stories?

dementedpixie Wed 17-Apr-19 14:46:20

Oh dear, you're supposed to keep them indoors for much longer than 1 week. Hopefully she'll come back after exploring the neighbourhood

Swedetalker Wed 17-Apr-19 14:48:33

Is she spayed? It's very much the time of the year for intact cats to go on week long sex adventures

Rosielove96 Wed 17-Apr-19 15:10:19

I know 😭Yes she is spayed

Swedetalker Wed 17-Apr-19 15:22:23

When did she leave? Every cat I've had has spent their first day outside hidden somehwere, and come slinking back home when the dark and they feel safe again. One of them didn't even make it out the garden before crawling into a bush and crying there for 14 hours...
There's a decent chance she's spooked, and laying low until she feels confident to dash home

Rosielove96 Wed 17-Apr-19 18:20:25

She left yesterday afternoon , thats what im hoping. she was howling the house down to get out she was really comfortable with us we have a baby and she was lieing on the floor with her purring so she wasn't scared of us she seemed pretty relaxed to be with us it was just yesterday afternoon she was so desperate to get outside clawing at the blinds.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: