Talk

Advanced search

'aaaaah' dog just eaten her final piece of post, my architects plans for extension !

(8 Posts)
LilyLoo Fri 13-Jul-07 14:17:15

Please help my dog has basically ripped off the letter box from the door. She then proceeds to drag all the post basically out of the postmans hands and everything has bite marks in it, or is ripped.
Would i be able to fit a dog cage/guard on the back of a upvc door ?
If not can you get post boxes to go outside the house ? Are they easy enough to fit onto a brick wall ?

fingerwoman Fri 13-Jul-07 14:18:50

yes, you can get post boxes, my mum has one. very easy to fix, just drill a couple of holes and screw it on

doyouwantfrieswiththat Fri 13-Jul-07 14:19:59

I bet your postman loves you.

Can't you keep the dog away from the door with some sort of kiddie gate?

btw yes you can get external post boxes.

LilyLoo Fri 13-Jul-07 14:22:29

hmm never thought of that about the stair gate, might be worth a try although she nearly as big as it but not much room to jump over it. Thanks
If not am getting an outdoor one then and making a rather sheepish phoncall to get another set of plans.

ratclare Fri 13-Jul-07 16:57:27

are you in when the post man arrives? if so perhaps you could try soe training on the dog ,get a squeezy bottle of water and squirt it at the dog if he /she goes near the letter box or you could buy a cage !!!

LilyLoo Sat 14-Jul-07 08:15:50

I am in three days when post comes so sould try that, thanks.
Just not sure the cage would fix to a upvc door ?

earlgrey Sat 14-Jul-07 08:24:01

No chance, I suppose, of her coming over here and having a go at our new guinea pigs and rabbit?

LilyLoo Sat 14-Jul-07 08:27:36

don't think she would be much use she shows no interest in our rabbit, just the post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now