Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OMG!!!! one of my dogs has just done the weirdest thing!!!!!!

(9 Posts)
GoodGollyMissMolly Sat 07-Jul-07 15:28:24

I'm sat at the computer on MN, just having a lurk and one of my dogs has just walked over to the side of me and started scrtaching at the carpet. She did this over and over again in a circular motion and then plonked herself down on the part of the carpet she hasbeen scratching and promptly gone to sleep

I've had dog's for as long as I can remember and I've never seen this before, anyone got an idea what she was doing??

Speccy Sat 07-Jul-07 16:03:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Devonshire Sat 07-Jul-07 16:05:53

iirc, it is to do with when they were all feral/wolves, they would tramp the grass down by walking in cicles to make a nice flat bed to lie on.

GoodGollyMissMolly Sat 07-Jul-07 16:17:03

OH I see now, I thought it was really odd, she has probably done it before but never when I have been sat quite.
She looked really cute while doing it, bless

salsmum Fri 13-Jul-07 12:00:59

my 13 year old staffy goes round and round in circles to make his bed at night but then forgets which bit hes done and starts over again old dog syndrome me thinks.

ow82 Fri 13-Jul-07 12:05:10

she's fluffing her bed up - my two do it, the staff paws the cusions up gets comfy snuggles her bum down then gets up aagin and does it again till she's sorted the other one jsut walks around in circles/trys to dig my carpets up - v annoying the carpet bit - don't care about their bed as it's only an old duvet. lol.

lizziemun Fri 13-Jul-07 14:02:46

my mum's westie used to do this all the time, he was just making a bed.

TooTicky Fri 13-Jul-07 14:05:12

My little dog used to do this under a blanket and end up with it tucked in underneath her all round.

suzywong Fri 13-Jul-07 14:09:30

call that weird!?

I thought you were going to post something that would rival Old Mother Hubbard:
"She went to the tavern for white wine and red,
but when she came back the dog stood on his head.

She went to the fruiterer's to buy him some fruit,
but when she came back he was playing the flute."

mind you, buying a dog some fruit is pretty off the wall in the first place, IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now