Talk

Advanced search

Gecko Advice Needed

(6 Posts)
cba Fri 06-Jul-07 11:20:28

I have just collected two geckos from my sons school. They are both in seperate enclosures, when I opened the doors to put fresh water in, they stick of wee. I cannot stand to have them in the house.

I have also got a cricket enclosure box which also plugs in.

Is it ok to keep the creatures in my garage with electricity supply in there for their enclosures. It is warm in there as the tumble dryer is in there. They also have heat pads in their enclosures.

Should they smell so much, the teacher said they had been cleaned yesterday, I dont think so.

The instructions says take them out to clean, will they bite me?

Oh shit, what have I got myself in to.

cba Fri 06-Jul-07 12:44:39

anybody??

Nbg Fri 06-Jul-07 12:46:27

I would say clean them out and keep them in the house.
Temperatures drop alot overnight and I'm sure you dont have your tumble dryers going all day

Have a google. I dont think they bite but I am no reptile expert!

beautifulgirls Fri 06-Jul-07 14:00:32

If the environmental temperature is controlled totally by their own plug in heat supply then yes the garage is ok, but you need to be sure as the ambient temp in there may be too low otherwise. They should really have given you full advice on the care of these creatures before letting you take them home. I would get your local yellow pages out and take a visit to a pet shop that sells these type of exotics and get proper care advice there. Dont believe everything you read online though for sure there is a lot of good advice to be had too.

cba Fri 06-Jul-07 15:19:43

there temp is controlled by the plug, but I am going to phone the pet shop around the corner as they have a lot of them. They do stink.

I used to have leopard geckos and they never smelt even if not cleaned out for a couple of weeks. They don't bite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now