Talk

Advanced search

Possible problem with cat :-(

(1 Post)
Toothypegs469 Sat 16-Feb-19 08:03:34

Hi, don’t know what to say really other than I’m very worried about my 11 year old cat :-(

Over the last 3-4 weeks noticed she’s been breathing differently, gets worn out playing with toys really easily and sometimes wheezes even when resting. Her tummy makes exaggerated movements when breathing and seems to be breathing faster than normal but not panting.

So I went to the vet on Thursday who checked her over, said weight and temperature was normal but they could hear a “dullness” in her lower left quadrant ie her lungs. Said it’s unlikely to be asthma as we would have picked it up by now.

She’s given me a weeks worth of anti inflammatory pills to see if it helps and I need to time her breaths (she’s breathing too fast) and to go back next week. If she’s not better we then need to consider an X-ray so they can 100% determine what she’s got.

I can’t help thinking it’s something bad, she’s a tortoiseshell so I know she’s more prone to health problems but in the 11 years we’ve had her she’s never been to the vet once other than her yearly jabs.

Just wanted some advice and if anyone has experienced this, my husband has resigned himself she’s dying but I wonder if it’s something not so bad?

Thanks for reading x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: