Talk

Advanced search

Concern for two dogs that do not get walked

(12 Posts)
paige321 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:29:20

I'm just wondering weather this is worth telling rspca or other. But my friends neighbour has two dogs recently brought one of them ones a pug and ones a Frenchy (I think) as hardly seen it. From my friend I have found out that she sometimes doesn't have dog food to feed it and feeds it whatever she has in her fridge. And they never get walked the pug is over weight and one point my friend said that the dogs nails was really long as she couldn't be bothered to take them to the groomers. The pug always looks depressed and her new dog is hyper as not ever been taking out my friend is in most days as works from home and never sees her walking them. I'm just a dog lover and think people that don't have the money to keep up with a dog and doesn't take them out at least once a day shouldn't have a dog but that's my opinion don't know weather to just keep my noes our or just call rspca for advice.

FissionChip5 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:45:17

The RSPCA won’t do anything. Not sure there’s much you can do.

Gottalovesummer Fri 08-Feb-19 18:48:21

Could your friend (and you?)offer to take them for a walk?

LuckyLou7 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:49:37

Pugs always look depressed in my opinion, with their little squashed faces.

You could contact the RSPCA for advice - they do respond if they think there's a case of animal cruelty going on. How do you, or your friend, know what she is feeding the dogs? How do you know she never walks the them? She might take them out early morning/late evening when nobody is around.

paige321 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:51:24

@FissionChip5 Well that's what I have seen that they can't do much about it but it's so sad my friend says that one of them does his toilet in the garden and she doesn't even pick it up (disgusting) and it smells of poo in the summer quite a lot not how you should treat a dog it's so awful. So I suppose my hands are tied in this matter sad

moanymoaner Fri 08-Feb-19 18:51:38

Unless you know the dogs are being neglected (and I don't count not walking them every day as that!) keep out . Maybe they walk when your friend isn't looking like when the curtains are closed , early mornings etc. Sounds a bit interfering to me to be honest .

paige321 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:57:04

@LuckyLou7 my friend speaks to her and occasionally goes in there and have witnessed her daughter given the dog ham as her mum hasn't brought any dog food. And she has asked my friend to walk her dogs for her as "she can't be bothered" but that's not mine nor my friend whom has a young baby responsibility to take them for a walk. I just don't think it's fair

LuckyLou7 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:57:29

If she's only recently acquired the dogs, then your comment about the dog poo smelling in the summer makes no sense. Either way, it's her garden and up to her to pick up the poo - if she was allowing the dogs to crap all over the pavement it would be a different matter.

paige321 Fri 08-Feb-19 19:00:34

@LuckyLou7 no she has had the pug since my friend has lived there and brought the frenchy in December as she ask my friend to put money towards her getting the dog as she doesn't work. My friends in most days and know for a fact that she doesn't take her out she is a very lazy women. But I just wanted people advise on what to do as I think it's unfair on the dogs!!! Sorry if You think I'm being nosey or my friend is when In fact she is constantly knocking on my friends door or out the window when my friend is out the front.

user1466783975 Fri 08-Feb-19 19:01:58

I know how you're feeling regarding the walking. My friend has a year old dog and says she bought her for her fourteen year old daughter. Except the daughter is now bored and hasn't walked it since autumn. It's so hard to know what to say. If I mention she could get a dog walker,she replies ' I bought the dog for her,i will pay for food but walks are down to her'. So sad and makes me so angry

SureIusedtobetaller Fri 08-Feb-19 19:03:37

Occasionally we have to give our dog a tin of sardines or some chicken or something with his crunchies because it’s nearly shopping day and we are too busy. He is definitely spoilt rather than otherwise blush so you can’t judge by that.

paige321 Fri 08-Feb-19 19:04:21

@user1466783975 I know my friend is in such a hard position the women has not got a lot of money as it is so she can't even say about dog walker or anything she doesn't do anything all day as why she is pestering my friend all day who works from home with young baby. She doesn't want to afend her by saying anything and I don't know her I'm just a dog loverthinks it wrong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »