Talk

Advanced search

I'm so exhausted...

(3 Posts)
tootiredmama Thu 03-Jan-19 23:46:27

So I'm a stay at home mom of two little ones. One is 4 the other just turned 1. I also have a 9 year old chihuahua/ corgi mix. I got him at 8 weeks old when I was 17.
He's never been professionally trained but for the most part behaves ok in the house. The thing is, he is a very aggressive dog towards strangers and other animals. He has bitten some people before. He barks incessantly if we have company over.
I take him on walks but avoid passing anyone because he will charge at them! He's only 12lbs but his bark is LOUD, not high pitched like other chihuahuas.
He's always been this way but it's just been getting more and more stressful for me because I have two kids and it's impossible to trust that he won't bite the baby so I keep them separated by baby gates but the stress is overwhelming.
I don't know why he is so aggressive. He wasn't like that until he turned around 1. To top it off he keeps getting skin infections and it's becoming to expensive to cover all the medicines and vet appointments.. I would want to rehome him but I know no one would want him because of his behavior. I don't know what to do. I'm so stressed out it's driving me crazy...

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Tue 08-Jan-19 14:03:35

Sorry to hear you having so much trouble. Please repost this on the Doghouse section and you will, hopefully, get a better response from experienced dog people....

ppeatfruit Fri 18-Jan-19 15:41:00

It could be his diet, have you tried him on raw food (no biscuits) or a bit of raw meat and lightly cooked veg. no carbs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: