Talk

Advanced search

Experiences with bringing a dog in the hold?

(15 Posts)
Cassiacassie Fri 28-Dec-18 18:10:20

Every year we go to visit my mum who is Italian and stay in her house in a coastal, non-tourist spot. There are lots of dogs there and they can swim in the sea. My lab would love it but worried about the journey as she’d have to be put in the cargo for a 3 hour flight. Opinions?

Wolfiefan Fri 28-Dec-18 18:11:47

Depends on the dog. Mine would freak out

missbattenburg Fri 28-Dec-18 18:17:04

I am pretty sure that would be a personality changing experience for Battendog, and not in a good way. I'd have to be emigrating to consider it.

missbattenburg Fri 28-Dec-18 18:17:49

P.s. have know people to drive to Italy, though. Make the journey part of the holiday?

juneybean Fri 28-Dec-18 18:18:42

Didn't you post this the other day? [Confused]

Notatallobvious Fri 28-Dec-18 18:20:19

Was this not posted the the other day? I wouldn't consider putting my dog in the hold, if I wanted to take her I would do the journey by car or train.

HundredMilesAnHour Fri 28-Dec-18 18:21:05

Didn't you ask this previously? The responses won't change. Everyone said don't do it. It's not fair on the dog. If you really want to take your dog, drive to Italy instead. If you're not willing to do that, leave the poor dog at home.

cowfacemonkey Fri 28-Dec-18 18:21:47

Not something cowpup could handle and like others have said a personality changing experience probably. I don’t know how much it would be but I know my friend emigrated it cost her a huge sum to transport her dog.

Cassiacassie Fri 28-Dec-18 18:22:07

?? I haven’t asked this before. I only joined Mumsnet 2 or 3 days ago

Cassiacassie Fri 28-Dec-18 18:22:26

I’ve asked on the doghouse and pets but both today

HundredMilesAnHour Fri 28-Dec-18 18:26:35

Call me a cynic but I find it hard to believe this wasn't the OP who started the same thread. OP I think you protest too much.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3458293-To-bring-the-dog-away-in-cargo

Notatallobvious Fri 28-Dec-18 18:28:48

Seems a bit odd that it's virtually the same post. Parent in Italy, visit annually, dog is a lab, can do lots of swimming 🤔

Cassiacassie Fri 28-Dec-18 18:29:05

Okay, totally understandable that it appears the same but I’m genuinely a new user and didn’t start that thread! You’re all cynical, mistrusting detectives here grin

Cassiacassie Fri 28-Dec-18 18:30:10

Parents in Italy with a house and an annual visit isn’t too odd I’d say. Not many can afford more than one or two trips a year.
Again, having a Labrador isn’t exactly a rarity and it’s well known that labradors enjoy swimming

Hoppinggreen Sat 29-Dec-18 10:22:47

We own a property in Spain and whenever we go we see dogs swimming in the sea etc and say how much Hoppingdog would love it
However, the journey by plane would completely traumatise him and it would be selfish of us to put him through it
We all agree that unless we drive we will never do it - and I don’t think he wouid much enjoy that either

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »