Talk

Advanced search

cat: 3 hour flight plus airport waits, or 3 day van?

(8 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jun-07 22:18:38

...well probably the latter but was just wondering if anyone had a good reason to put dc (darling cat) on a plane (with 4 hour wait either end plus lots of mucking about) instead of on a 3 day van (with bigger accomodation, stops every day etc).

oops Tue 26-Jun-07 22:21:59

Message withdrawn

smurfgirl Tue 26-Jun-07 22:23:02

IME cats did better on the plane.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jun-07 22:24:37

that's exactly what I'm thinking, oops. but is it worth an extra 2 days?

apparently the cats can hear the people in the front too.

this cat is so neurotic it's not true...

oops Tue 26-Jun-07 22:33:46

Message withdrawn

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jun-07 23:04:31

did I mention we cocked up the vets thing so she has to wait in a cattery for 2 months beforehand?

god it's complicated.

smurfgirl Tue 26-Jun-07 23:26:38

My parents cat is the most neurotic, unstable thing ever (she has stress related ezcema) and she lurved the plane.

I think 3 days is a long time in a van, but it depends on your cats obv.

Haribosmum Wed 27-Jun-07 09:26:41

We just had our dog and cat flown over to New Zealand. Collected them from the airport earlier. They were perfectly fine. Apparently is's better for them in the hold (but it's not the actual baggage hold as it gets too cold for them in there). Kitty was a bit nervous but I think that was because she's come to a new place and she's never been away from me (such a mummy girl) but the dog was fine. Started playing ball as soon as we got back to my SIL house. They both ate straight away as well which shows they were not too scared/nervous. I would opt for the plane. The people who do this are professionals (sp?) and no harm should come to your cat. Also because the hold is dark they tend to just go to sleep and they don't get too stressed that way. Also it's quicker so less time stuck in a cat carrier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now