Talk

Advanced search

wimpy dogs!

(9 Posts)
pinkcandyfloss Tue 26-Jun-07 14:14:28

Anyone else got one?

My staffy is 5 and will not go outside if it's raining. Even if I drag him out there he won't do anything and then stand by the door whinging!

Then the inevitable poo is laid on the laminate

Thought staffies were meant to be hard nuts!!

He's also really scared of fireworks and hides behind our legs!

Nbg Tue 26-Jun-07 14:16:55

Lol

My Beagle is exactly the same. If he sees a puddle, no amount of dragging will gte him through it, he has to walk round it.
The same when we go the coast. Lots of dogs pulling their owners arms out of their sockets to get into the sea for a good ole swim.
My dog, rips my arm out of the socket trying to run the opposite direction.

Honestly, my chihuahua has more balls than him!

HandyTrinkett Tue 26-Jun-07 14:25:14

my Lab doesn't like puddles on the road/pavement but it's impossible to keep him out of any other sources of water...

...he's loving fireworks though (although can't understand why there's nothing for him to pick up after the bang...)

salsmum Fri 13-Jul-07 12:28:48

PCF i have two staffies and both hate the rain dunno what it is must be a staffy thing

zephyrcat Fri 13-Jul-07 12:30:49

We used to have a great dane X bull mastiff. He was bigger than a lion. He jumped on cars.

He was petrified of bin bags and lamp posts!

salsmum Fri 13-Jul-07 13:00:11

My rescue staffy has issues with men in hats, lawn mower, hairdryer,grooming brush, hoover,fireworks n branches on bushes, bin bags [only green ones] rain.
bit of a mixed up puppy but wouldnt change her for the world

MuffinMclay Fri 13-Jul-07 13:42:03

My springer is petrified of ladders, even stepladders.

I wish mine had a puddle phobia. He insists on walking through them, and sitting down in them to drink water.

Iklboo Fri 13-Jul-07 13:45:01

My whippet/greyhound cross is terrified of thunder & fireworks.
Hates puddles - pulls a face like Larry Grayson if she comes across one and delicately tiptoes around it BUT will quite happily fling herself in mud

magnolia1 Fri 13-Jul-07 13:49:53

My staffie is like that with puddles. Our staffie x Springer hates rain and would rather go hours and hours without a wee than go out

They are both bizarre with the hoover and howl like wolves

The staffie cross is scared of carrier bags too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now