Talk

Advanced search

My Dog keeps pissing on the floor!!!

(14 Posts)
Katef44 Fri 21-Dec-18 19:09:14

It's horrible my 2 year old lab Holly won't stop urinating on my floor at night. What should I do? I let her out before I go to bed and she has loads of walks. Anyone have any advice for me. - Kate x

statetrooperstacey Fri 21-Dec-18 19:10:25

Does she sleep downstairs and you upstairs?

Katef44 Fri 21-Dec-18 19:17:29

Yes she sleeps in a dog bed downstairs in the utility room, it's quite large.

Jammiebammie Fri 21-Dec-18 19:20:04

How long has it been happening for, could she have a urine infection or similar?

Katef44 Fri 21-Dec-18 19:20:45

Since she was a puppy never grown out

Jammiebammie Fri 21-Dec-18 19:30:50

If it’s been going on for that long then perhaps it’s more of a learned behaviour/habit.. I’d personally visit a vet anyway to rule anything out, and then look into having a behaviouralist give some advice.
I have a big lab and he’s only ever urinated inside once as an adult, by the sheer volume I don’t envy you having to clean that up on the regular! Hope you manage to get something sorted.

Katef44 Fri 21-Dec-18 19:32:07

Thank you so much! This is just the reassurance I needed and wasn't certain I'd receive it. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas

Jammiebammie Fri 21-Dec-18 20:06:30

And to you smile

Santaisonthesherry Fri 21-Dec-18 20:08:01

Smaller space?
I block off our pantry with clothes driers!!.

DeborahLabowski Tue 01-Jan-19 01:27:02

don't worry love, me husband does that all the time

Fouetsage Fri 04-Jan-19 01:13:14

I had problems with my last dog weeing in the utilty room when she was in it [she slept in the kitchen]. I was told that, because she had access to the garden from the utility room, she couldn't differentiate between that room and outside.

potatoscone Fri 04-Jan-19 01:15:41

Your dog has been pissing in your house for 2 years and you have not done anything about it confused

Why have you waited so long? It could be a medical condition? Or behaviour that needs you to sort?

Fouetsage Fri 04-Jan-19 14:28:40

Maybe a large crate for sleeping in would help if she's let out early in the morning; she'll regard the crate as territory not to soil. And get some pet disinfectant to clear away any urine smells; the only problem with that is it seems very toxic and you mustn't allow the dog back in till it's completely dry, but the smell needs to be eradicated completely. Perhaps even a dap diffuser in the room for a short while.

Fouetsage Fri 04-Jan-19 14:30:30

...I once kept a spaniel puppy that I'd bred myself and I never got her truly house trained. I think that, because she'd wee'd on the floor when very young she never got out of the habit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: