Talk

Advanced search

3 dogs!

(4 Posts)
Loubeeloo Tue 11-Dec-18 20:38:41

Hello! Looking for advice! I've got a dalmatian 5 female and a staffy 4 male. Had since pups. Now thinking about adding a third dog into the equation a 4 year old male dalmatian rescue dog. Both my two and the new dog are really friendly with other dogs and he has previously lived with another dog. Any idea and advice whether to take a third one on? Thank you! x

Honeyroar Sat 15-Dec-18 22:22:13

We have three. It's very different to two (I like one dog in each hand on the lead, but that's out of the window now!). It's also a lot more room in the car when we go anywhere and a lot of pet friendly hotels or campsites only allow two dogs. However at home it's no problem (apart from you cant get on the settee for dogs sometimes!). They will have squabbles initially, but they always settle down. Good luck.

Loubeeloo Sat 15-Dec-18 22:36:54

Thank you! @Honeyroar I'm sure all will be fine! Camping not really my thing thankfully so that's not a worry, I already struggle for space on the settee lol! x

Wolfiefan Sat 15-Dec-18 22:40:16

They are very close in age which would put me off. The advice is generally to leave a couple of years between each dog. (For training and to avoid littermate syndrome.)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »